Friday, August 19, 2011

What I'm Learning: My cousin was here this week and I learned a lot (and had a refresher course, too) about marriage. What really impressed me was this, and I quote straight from her:

"I've decided that my relationship with my husband is more important that any thing. So when I walk into the bathroom after he's left for work and I see his hairs in the sink, from shaving, I don't get upset that I have to clean it up. Instead, I smell his cologne in the air, and think Man, I just missed him." No, she's not a newlywed- married over 20 years!

What I'm Reading: "The Peachtree Garden Book"

What I'm Listening to: We had the most amazing man come and tune our piano today (thanks mom!). He left us with a CD of songs he's recorded. Beautiful gospel music. This man is completely blind and after touching our piano for about five minutes, he told me the year it was made and in which city it was made!

What I'm Eating: Our favorite treat lately is a smoothy made with frozen bananas, natural peanut butter, and almond milk (vanilla is best). There's no recipe- just adjust it to taste:)

What I'm Looking Forward To: I'm running a 5K in the morning. My first this year. Should be fun!

What I'm Laughing About: We got a ticket in the mail with a picture of our van running a red light: $70 please. I'm not laughing about the ticket but it was dated the same day that we had our crazy day at Six Flags in Atlanta. The cherry on top!

What I'm Working On: Getting to bed early- well, not tonight. I've been having a hard time staying awake during the day. I've got to do better about getting enough sleep.

What I'm Thankful For: An incredible first week of homeschooling!!!

What I'm doing for a Workout: #2 is training for a 10K on Labor Day so we did a couple runs together this work- including a hill workout. I really enjoy those times together:)

What I'm Excited About: LIFE

What's been working for us: Two of the girls started a "Utilities Committee" and are keeping track of when anyone in the house does things that waste electricity (like leave the door open, light on, etc...). They've posted a list of things not to do and have a tally sheet posted in the hallway. At the end of the week, everyone pays 10 cents per tally. We're saving up to buy two of these.

What I'm Praying About: Baby has a fever:(

No comments:

Post a Comment