Sunday, October 9, 2011

This week...

What I'm Learning: It's hard to keep things going here when I'm flying solo. Casey was gone for another week and I spent most of the week being bitter about him being gone. Thankfully, I got my act together before he returned home today so we had a sweet reunion. I listened to some Nancy Leigh DeMoss podcasts at www.reviveourhearts.com and they gave me a much needed kick in the behind. I highly recommend listening to her teachings.

What I'm Reading: I just finished a book by Voddie Baucham called Family Driven Faith. I started it on Mother's Day. Sad that it took me so long especially because it's such a great book! Now Casey's reading it:)

What I'm Listening to: Revive our Hearts Radio- see above:)

What I'm Eating: I'm still loving my juicer but I'm also eating a lot of chopped salad. I just stuff my blender full of greens, carrots, brocolli, tomatoes, etc... and chop it all up. Eating a salad this way helps the body to take in 3-5 times more of the nutrients from the veggies because they're getting broken down more than they would be if we just chewed a few times and swallowed. I also find that I eat twice the amount of salad this way because it's all chopped up. It looks like less but I'm really getting more! I also love chopped/blended salads because I get all of the yummy stuff in each bite. Since it's all mixed together, I don't have to poke around with my fork to try to get all the good stuff.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Some normalcy... being together!

What I'm Laughing About: We saw this cool display of ceiling-high suitcases at the Sacramento airport:


I was so inspired by this that I've decided to try the same thing in my house but with laundry instead!!!

What I'm Working On: Making sure that I don't get bitter again like I was this past week:(

What I'm Thankful For: I just had an incredible trip with my oldest to California. We visited my sister, saw my aunt and her family, and my mom went too, so it was extra special. It was very relaxing and we made some great memories! We went to Alcatraz, spent a day in San Francisco, rode a ferry, went to church with my aunt, drove on Lombard Street and saw the Pacific ocean- incredible! Here are a couple pictures:




What I'm doing for a Workout: I had a ten miler on Fri. and a 20 miler on Sat. My sister loaned us a bike for Casey so he's going to start to come along on my runs. That will be great!

What I'm Excited About: I got accepted into the Boston Marathon so I'm just thrilled about that. It not until April but we're planning a road trip in an RV with the whole fam. Should be cool!!!

What's been working for us: Not much, right now. We've all been here, there, and everywhere for the past 12 days so we're all just happy to be together. Most of the kids are camping out in the tent tonight so they're enjoying that.

What I'm Praying About: That I will learn from my falures this week and be more Christ-like because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment